Статьи, помеченные тэгом ‘Haiti’

The missionaries in Haiti are to stand trial for child trafficking

Wednesday, February 3rd, 2010

The Idaho missionaries arrested in Haiti while crossing the border with the group of children are to stand trial in Port-au-Prince. They are convicted in illegal affiliation. Also they are going to be charged in trafficking in minors for trying to bring children through the border without any documents and permissions of government.


Sarkozy’s public approval ratings are still low

Monday, January 25th, 2010

The approval ratings of French President Nicolas Sarcozy are very low and the latest statistics shows minor improvement. According to the Sunday polls, Sarcozy’s ratings are only 1 per cent up, being 38 per cent now. That leaves 62 per cent of the public disapproval of his policy.


US sends marine forces to Haiti

Thursday, January 21st, 2010

Yesterday another strong earthquake shook Haiti, causing panic among people. It is considered by experts to be typical aftershock of the first earthquake. Despite such aftershocks might continue, experts say that they will be weaker and are not going to cause serious damage to Haiti.


Haiti suffers the results of the earthquake

Thursday, January 14th, 2010

Disastrous earthquake shook Haiti this Tuesday, leaving its capital Port-au-Prince seriously wrecked. Houses, schools and hospitals are ruined along with the President’s Palace and his residence. The number of dead is feared to be over tens of thousands of people, the number of injured is currently impossible to count.


Earthquake in Haiti

Wednesday, January 13th, 2010

The strongest in last 2 centuries earthquake has occurred in Haiti. The most part of its capital Port-au-Prince is destroyed. The squad shocks estimated the US seismic service in seven balls. Most of buildings are entirely destroyed and the town is in fire.